Saturday, May 3, 2014

Seventeen

I turned 17 back in August of 1992 and my Aunt Connie bought me a subscription to Seventeen magazine.  I remember feeling so much older than my 16 year-old self.  I graduated from high school the following June and left home less than 3 weeks later to begin BYU's summer term.  When August rolled around again, my mom had a birthday cake delivered from the campus bakery.  My classmates were shocked that I was just turning 18 and that I had been living away from home for almost 2 months.  Yes, I was very mature indeed.
 
Today is my 17th wedding anniversary!!!  Inside, I still feel like that 17 year-old girl with her head full of dreams, but on the outside I am a middle-aged lady about to have her 6th baby.  I am so grateful this day (and everyday) for my wonderful husband Leonard.  He is such an amazing man, father, and husband.  He is my biggest cheerleader.  He believes in me and is always encouraging me to follow my dreams.  I try my best to support and encourage all of his dreams too.  I am so grateful for the life and family we have built together, it just keeps getting better and better!
 
I can't wait to update this picture with all 8 of us!
 

No comments: