Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Progress Report- March

I feel that my progress is being done with baby steps, but I have a baby and 5 other kiddos so I guess that is just my speed of progress.  The stuff in green is what I was able to accomplish off this list so far.

Family

Monthly date night with Leonard (Jan- We saw The Hobbit)
Monthly parent-child date night (Jan- Len & Kaleb, Feb- Jen & Noé, Mar- Len & Gavin)
Weekly phone call with my parents
Be more involved in our siblings' lives (I hate living so far from everyone!)
Work on family history of all great-grandparents
Give journal gifts to kids (that I bought last year, ugh!) (Kaleb & Noé now have their journals)
Organize kids' pictures for the someday I will scrapbook them
+ share those pics with extended fams
Have a "fancy" Sunday dinner each week
Throw fun birthday parties for each of my kids (Noé had a slumber party, Kaleb cooked us a 4-course meal)

Home
Tidy main floor and master bedroom daily (give up on whole house daily)
Have kids tidy their rooms and basement daily
Be more consistent with weekly family chores
Organize ENTIRE house (hasn't been done since 2012!)
Paint 6 new canvases for newly painted basement & finish other artwork for the space (I've started 2 of the 6 canvases)
Get new bedspreads for Kaleb & Hiram's room (want to re-do all 3 kids' rooms, but must wait) (Kaleb & Hiram have new quilts, as do Noé & Ali for when Ali is out of her crib, and I've ordered some new ones for Gavin & Teague- we're doing a major room switch-up this summer)
Get new roof!
Get estimates for new hardwood and tile flooring for main floor (and hopefully get them done!)
Paint main floor walls and mix up artwork and print new 16 x 20 photos
Give more love to yard (our poor tree got an Emerald ash borer and was chopped down last month)

Personal
Lose rest of pregnancy weight (so much harder this time!)
Go to bed early (with nursing baby and 5 other little ones that wake me up in the night, I need as much sleep as I can get!)
Eat healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner
Keep splurges for special occasions
Climb stairs for 5 minutes after each meal (I did this for one week, sigh)
Walk OUTSIDE daily (another hard one with -25* weather and piles of snow and ice)
Start doing 5-factor fitness exercises again
Drink 3-4 quarts (liters) of water a day

Enrichment (sounds better than "miscellaneous")
Serve my Relief Society sisters better with Visiting Teaching and my responsibilities as secretary
Share my testimony with others more freely *I know that Jesus Christ lives *I know He loves me and I love Him *I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (I still struggle with sharing my feelings in conversation, but I have been sharing quotes that have uplifted me on facebook and this blog )
Attend the temple quarterly, and attend a new temple for our anniversary
Take the kids to the beach (don't care which ocean, but a beach at the ocean!)
Visit our Lee, Pittl, and Reil families- this goal is for every year, but it seems to work out every other year.  *I want to visit Mandy when her baby boy is born and all the Lee's *I want to visit the Pittl's in Indiana this summer and/or in Idaho this Christmas *I want to spend Christmas 2017 with the Lee's and Thanksgiving 2019 with the Reil's
Do something BIG for Leonard's and my 40th birthdays!  *We had a plan to get awesome steampunk costumes, go on a hot air balloon ride and hire a professional photographer to document the event
Dance my best in the spring recital with Noé
Take time weekly to create
Get caught up on blog for 2014, stay caught up for 2015, make blurb books for years 2009-present (2014 is caught up)
Do everything I can to adopt Macy & Sasha (and pray for a miracle that we can find them and complete our family) (We met with our Bishop to get connected with LDS Family Services (in Toronto) for a home study to then connect with Adoption.com.  I've also sent for information packets from the CCAI Adoption Services.)

No comments: