Sunday, April 26, 2015

Special Weekend 2 of 2

We had 4 lovely days celebrating Easter weekend this year!

On Good Friday we had the Montminy's over for an egg hunt and a delicious Easter feast.
Notice the snow in the background.

Notice the lack of snow in this background, ha!
Two weeks after these pictures were taken all of the snow finally melted in our yard.  The weather keeps teasing me though with warm days followed by chilly days, it likes to torment me!

Ali wanted a basket too!

The kids did great and found 89 of the 90 eggs, I gave Hiram a hint and he found the last one.

Rita is so pretty, and I'm glad she still likes me even when I don't have time to do my hair and make-up, ha!

On Saturday we watched the morning and afternoon sessions of our General Conference, then Len and Kaleb went to the Priesthood session (and sub-spectacular beforehand).  On Sunday we watched the morning and afternoon sessions of General Conference.  I am so thankful to have a modern prophet that communes with the Lord and guides His people today.  We have 6 inspiring sessions every 6 months that fill my soul.  On Sunday we also finished our new Easter tradition- reading from "Celebrating A Christ-Centered Easter."  I LOVE this book and am looking forward to using it every year.  I also bought "Celebrating A Christ-Centered Christmas" and I can't wait to use it this December.

On Easter Monday, the kids woke up to see that the Easter Bunny had made a visit.  I love that the Easter Bunny can visit our house Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday and he always knows which day of the weekend will be best to visit each year!

He brought us 64 chocolate-dipped Oreo's,

and 32 chocolate suckers, yum!

Along with candy Kaleb got a Darth Vader Hotwheels car,

Noé got Suzette and Mini La Sweet Lalaloopsy dolls,

Gavin got a Luke Skywalker car,

Teague got a Yoda car,

Hiram got a Chewbacca car,

and Ali got Blossom and Petal Flowerpot dolls.

When Ali went down for her nap, the big kids dyed eggs.

They turned out so pretty!

This one was my favorite!

I just bought this frame to display Leonard's parents' picture in year-round, but I think it makes a great Easter decoration.  I am so grateful that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins and was resurrected.  I am so grateful that after I die I will be resurrected too and will be with all of my loved ones.  What an amazing gift!

No comments: