I took 93 pictures of Big Ben and his surroundings, then I took 252 pictures at Hyde Park! So, I had to break up the day into 2 posts. I posted 22 pics on part 1, so here's hoping that 52 pics in part 2, isn't too many!
Our kids were troopers as we walked from Big Ben to Hyde Park. We passed this hotel with all the Union Jack flags, I just love them!
Next we spied the traditional red letter box.
And isn't the home behind it gorgeous? I don't know if it's a single family dwelling or an apartment building but I love it's white windows with black shutters, so sharp!
Noé wanted to make call!
Even in this cellular age, I hope these red telephone booths don't disappear!
Hyde Park at last!
I've only been to this park a handful of times, but I just love it!
This fountain makes me smile it looks like a baby wrestling a giant fish!
Of course, the rose garden was my favorite part.
I just love big Green spaces, but there were lots other colors too:
Blues...
Purples...
Light pinks...
Dark pinks...
Reds...
I love the Oranges in this complimentary color scheme...
Sweet Yellow centered daisies...
and beautiful Whites!
This Diana fountain had the most gorgeous yellow tree behind it.
Isn't this ice cream truck the cutest? Too bad there was no ice cream for sale at that time!
We loved all the water birds too.
Isn't the swan so regal amongst the rest?
Len and I fell in love with coots when we lived in England. They are solid black birds, with bright white beaks, and white "moon boot" feet. So we called them moon boots instead of coots, ha!
Ugly duckling, don't worry you will become a beautiful swan!
Kaleb wanted to ride the paddle boats so bad,
but we just enjoyed watching the others out on the water this day.
Ali had another nap (surprise) during our walk to the park, but then she woke up so happy.
Sweet little smile.
We love you so!
Gavin had a little rest on these snazzy green & white lawn chairs.
This tree was covered in dead vines?
Looking up to the sky on the same tree.
I love weather-vanes.
It was just a lovely day to be near the water.
I loved this elegant Ibis statue too.
Cheese! Oh, I could just eat up Hiram's cheeks!
We found a huge flock of swans.
I love white swans, but black swans are so intriguing!
I'm thinking about ballet right now.
Noé pushed Ali to the edge to say hello to the swan.
The swan was happy to say hello back, but disappointed the girls didn't have any bread crumbs to share.
Teague had fun channeling his inner Pan.
Gorgeous water lilies!
I would love to live in Buck Hill Lodge!
(This is actually a part of Kensington Gardens, but the 2 parks merge together.)
It only has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom though, but wouldn't it be so cool to live in a Royal Park?
We found a ginormous tree covered in these little beauties.
I love this horse-head statue that we first discovered 5 years ago.
At that time there had been a Jelly Babies statue that was quite cute (even though the candy is gross!). However, now there is this disturbing "Brothers" statue?
We found our favorite row of flats again. If I can't live in Buck Hill Lodge, I'd love to live here then!
We circled all the way around the park and ended up back at the water birds,
to eat some dinner at the Serpentine restaurant.
It was our first (and sadly only) time eating fish and chips! I'm craving that right now! Of course, our little ones opted for the margherita pizza, ugh!
The sun began to set on a simply, lovely day!


No comments:
Post a Comment