Monday, April 17, 2017

Extraordinary Easter

I love Easter weekend!

And so do my kiddos.  It makes my heart smile when we do our traditional activities and they love it so much!

Leonard's colleague, Vanessa made these yummy and pretty treats for us.

The Easter Bunny also brought lots of candy bars to the kiddos on Saturday morning.

They may not have gotten any chocolate bunnies or peeps, but they did get some Mars,

Bounty,

Snickers,

Milk Chocolate Kit Kat,

White Chocolate Kit Kat,
 
and 5 Star bars!

We went swimming for the second day in a row (I love swimming year-round!  And I love having my family home on Good Friday!).  I snuck back upstairs a little earlier and hid 150 eggs around our apartment.

Ali was so excited during the hunt.  She told me, "I love it.  I love it!"





I couldn't find jelly beans, but the kids loved the Skittles inside!

Next we colored eggs.  We didn't have any dyes, but I think we loved using markers so much more!  I challenged the kids to color all of the white on the shells.  Check out the hot pink one, that is some of Ali's work!  All of the kids did a great job!
We finished the day watching It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown!
All throughout the day Teague told me he made a list of all the activities and after we did each one he'd say, "Check!"  Leonard's response was, "He may look like me, but he is so your son."  Yes, he is!

Sunday morning we got dressed up in our fancy Indian clothes to go to church.  Unfortunately, Noé started feeling sick so we had to leave after Sacrament meeting.

Our dinner was a lot simpler than the Easter feasts we're used to, but it's probably the closest holiday meal we've been able to have here.

We finished the meal with some cupcakes from the bakery.  Little birds nests, carrots, and red bunny bums, ha ha!

We also had our traditional Family Home Evening on what Easter is all about.  I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  His death and resurrection means that EVERYONE will be resurrected someday.  He conquered death!  His atonement means that EVERYONE can be forgiven of their sins.  Repentance is a privilege, not a punishment.  He conquered sin!  Hallelujah!

No comments: