I was sad that I didn't get to watch Noé dance this year, but as a student in the drama class she had a part in the high school musical. As a member of the jazz band, Kaleb also was a part of it.
The band members wore these yellow t-shirts, black beanies, and round sunglasses.
My darling daughter played Coaxer (one of the 5 brothel workers). I must admit that I was disappointed that this story was chosen for the musical. When I was in high school we did Fiddler on the Roof and The Music Man. There's so many better musicals out there (in my opinion), but it seems everyone in "showbiz" always chooses cynical over inspirational, blah blah blah. Noé actually wore a black dress with a white feather boa, but she couldn't bring the costume home so I never got good pictures of her in it.
These two fight all the time, but I know they really love each other!
Would you believe that Noé was a quarter inch taller than Kaleb when they were born? She was, but now he's a head taller than her!!
There were 16 actors, 20 band members, 7 crew members, and 6 staff.
Kaleb plays the tenor sax now, but played the alto sax for the musical.
My little girl all grown up.
Watch out Ryan and Sharpay, there's new twins in the musical world!
They performed for 3 nights. Len watched the first night, and I watched the second night (when the big wall of the set fell down, doh!). Len was supposed to watch them closing night, but had to work late and just got there at the end. Of course, that was the best night! Luckily, that was the night it was filmed so we can watch it at home.
I may not have liked the play that was chosen, but I'm still proud of Kaleb and Noé's hard work in being a part of it!





No comments:
Post a Comment