Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Farewell Noé

Sometimes my mama heart wishes I could bottle up my kids so they will stay young enough to live with me forever.  I know they have to leave the nest and create their own nests and when they do it will be wonderful.  I will still miss all of my birdies living in my nest though.

Noé finally got the green light to move to Hawaii for school.  We are so happy for her and wish we could have gone with her.

The farewells began Friday night, when she said goodbye to her bestie, Navy.

On Saturday, we ordered her favorite dinner from Mumbai Masala Grill and got cannoli from Delice Royal.

On Sunday we had to take some family pictures.
(Macy insisted she sit on the bench by herself with Noé and my arms snuggling her back, ha ha.)

Silly faces!









One more group shot.

And one more crazy shot!

Monday morning we got up at 3:00 to get her to the airport on time.  We didn't want to wake the kids, but Kaleb insisted on getting up to see his twin off.
(The other kids were so sad when they woke up and she was gone.  Ali came out of their room crying, and Macy just keeps saying, Noé, and doesn't understand that she's gone.  Noé wrote little love notes to each of us and taped them on our doors.  I think they'll stay up until she comes home again.)

She grew up.  And I'm so happy for her and the choices and opportunities she's made and been given.

But man, it hurts to see her go.

I had to get a shot of the mud room before her backpack disappeared.

Goodbye Canada!
Next stop Hawaii!
We can't wait to come and visit you sweet girl!!

No comments: