My friend, Marsha, came to town from Alberta to celebrate our friend, Annick's, 50th birthday.
Marsha, Jackie, Angelique, Maggie, Sonia, Annick, Cooper, Sakuisa, and I were able to get together to go for a nice walk and visit with her.
While I was chatting with her, she asked how it was coming with the babies (meaning if we were pursuing adoption). I couldn't keep my excitement in and told her I was 7 weeks pregnant. She encouraged me to share the news with the rest of the group. I told them I was thinking of getting a pink or a blue highlight in my hair next time I visit my stylist. There were shouts of pink and blue with the different votes, and then I said maybe I should let the baby decide. They were all so excited for me and Annick even said, "twins!"
I am still sad I lost this pregnancy and these twins (I probably always will be), but I am okay. I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends that love me. I also know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me. I'm learning that it's okay to feel both happy and sad at the same time. I'm also learning it's good to share my story, so others will feel more welcome to share their stories. The world is a better place when we share our joy and our sorrows with one another. I'm so grateful that in all the places I've lived I've been surrounded by people with amazing hearts!


No comments:
Post a Comment