One Sunday afternoon we took a stroll at the arboretum. There were a few of these trees (western catalpa) and they were just amazing! I wish I had a photo with someone standing under it to show how huge it is!
And its blossoms truly looked like popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Up close though, they looked like orchids.
We also took the little bridge over to the island.
We had to visit the flower gardens too. All the pink roses are so pretty!
Twins.
Little petite cutie.
This looks like a bouquet.
This looks like a heart.
A corsage.
A boutonniere.
The peonies were my favorite though! I love these flowers!
Now I'm on the hunt for another favorite- hydrangeas.
We had hundreds of caterpillars with us on our journey, and one stowed away on Gavin. He shrieked when he found it on his leg in the van coming home. We took him to our nearby park. Good luck hungry caterpillar!
Macy was asleep before we got home. I love the heat, but it wears me out too. Long live summer!














No comments:
Post a Comment