Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Goodies

This year I was going for quality instead of quantity hoping I wouldn't gain as much holiday weight- it didn't work!


We bought some hand-dipped chocolates from my friend Michele.


We bought Nanaimo bars from Costco. Currently, my favorite dessert ever!


We decorated sugar cookies to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve.


I made up a batch of Cheery Chipits Christmas Cookies to give to our neighbors.

A stack of 20 cookies fills a cute little wine bag up to the top.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients-
2 C butter
2 C sugar
2 C brown sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 bags of Chipits
(I used dark, milk, white chocolate, and butterscotch- you could also add nuts)
4 C flour
5 C oats
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
Wet Mixture-
Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add Chipits.
Dry Mixture-
Mix flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Combine with wet mixture
Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375*F.
Makes 12 dozen cookies (recipe can be halved).

No comments: