Thursday, December 2, 2010

Non-traditional Thanksgiving


American Thanksgiving is a very important holiday to me. Of course, I always wish we could be spending it with our Lee, Pittl, and Reil extended families, but getting a special day with my own little family is always nice too. This year, Len did take the day off work, but we ended up sending Kaleb and Noe to school. We usually keep them home for the day, but their school was having an amazing field trip to the Museum of Nature, so we let them go. It just wasn't the same without all of us. The 4 of us at home watched the Macy's 84th Thanksgiving Day Parade, but we weren't slaving away in the kitchen like we normally do- we opted to go out to dinner instead. We went to Kelsey's our neighborhood grill, and we each ordered something different: Len- ribs, Jen- steak & shrimp, Kaleb- cheeseburger, Noe- pizza, Gavin- chicken tenders, and Teague- pasta. We topped off the meal with a yummy apple crumble dessert. Back at home, we watched "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving" with the kids, then after we tucked them in bed, Len and I watched "Miracle on 34th Street." Non-traditional yes, but still a nice day over all.

We are thankful for:

Kaleb-
My family
Club Penguin

Noe-
Being silly with my family
Being silly at school


Gavin-
Playing with my Thomas trains
Going to Steven's house

Teague-
Mommy being home with me during the day
Having so many interesting things to get into trouble with

Len-
My family that I have now and my family that I came from
Bananas

Jen-
That I didn't have a nervous breakdown this month
My family and friends that love me even when I'm about to go crazy

1 comment:

Coleman & Mandy said...

Jen your hair looks so cute wavy/curly!