When we bought our home 2 years ago, it came with 7 appliances- washer, dryer, fridge (without freezer), deep freezer chest (in basement), stove, microwave, and dishwasher. Even though they weren't our first choice, we were grateful not to have to purchase them then.

Almost 3 weeks ago our washing machine went out. The very next day we went to Lowe's and bought a new set. They were to be delivered to the store later that week, so we set up delivery for early the next week. Then the bad news call came, Maytag had delayed the shipment and they didn't know when the new appliances would arrive (seriously, I think this is always our luck). My sweet friend Mary did a couple of loads of laundry for us, then my dear husband spent a couple of hours at the laundromat last Saturday. We thought that would just be our way of life for the next month. Then the good news call came this Monday, we would have our new set in 3 days. Hooray! Thursday they arrived and I love our new Bravos series.
Almost 3 weeks ago our washing machine went out. The very next day we went to Lowe's and bought a new set. They were to be delivered to the store later that week, so we set up delivery for early the next week. Then the bad news call came, Maytag had delayed the shipment and they didn't know when the new appliances would arrive (seriously, I think this is always our luck). My sweet friend Mary did a couple of loads of laundry for us, then my dear husband spent a couple of hours at the laundromat last Saturday. We thought that would just be our way of life for the next month. Then the good news call came this Monday, we would have our new set in 3 days. Hooray! Thursday they arrived and I love our new Bravos series.
I would also love to replace our kitchen appliances too, but that will have to wait until after our next posting.

Now 2 weeks ago, our Air Conditioner went out. We called a repairman and he said he could put a band-aid on it, but that it would probably go out again next year if not again this summer. He said the units are only made to last for 10-12 years and ours was already 14 years old. We just went ahead and bought an entirely new unit for them to install. Holy cow are air conditioners expensive!! I'm glad we'll be cool this summer (I could not be big and pregnant in this humid climate without one), but I am bummed as now we can't travel home. Why does life have to get in the way of our plans? Hopefully, a better plan will still be able to come along!
Now 2 weeks ago, our Air Conditioner went out. We called a repairman and he said he could put a band-aid on it, but that it would probably go out again next year if not again this summer. He said the units are only made to last for 10-12 years and ours was already 14 years old. We just went ahead and bought an entirely new unit for them to install. Holy cow are air conditioners expensive!! I'm glad we'll be cool this summer (I could not be big and pregnant in this humid climate without one), but I am bummed as now we can't travel home. Why does life have to get in the way of our plans? Hopefully, a better plan will still be able to come along!

No comments:
Post a Comment