That's right, I have a little blue cupcake baking in my oven! It seems we only have the recipe for boys, and Noe was just the cherry on top that came along with her twin brother.
After Len and I got home from the doctor's office, we called all the kids to the living room and had them cover their eyes. Len brought in the "It's a Boy" cake and I brought in the "little brother" sleeper. The boys were excited to have another one join their team (although Kaleb wishes he didn't have to share his room), but Noe stomped her foot, put her hands on her hips, and scrunched up her nose and mouth with a glare. She asked, "Why does it have to be a boy?" I told her not to ask me, but Heavenly Father. She then threw her head back and her arms up in the air and asked again, "Why does it have to be a boy?" Len's theory is that now-a-days a lot of men don't know how to be men, and maybe we can help our sons know how to do that. I sure hope so! It's weird feeling happy and sad at the same time. I am thrilled to be having another boy. His 3 older brothers have me wrapped around their little fingers and I know he will too. From my 3 ultrasounds I am already smitten with him and think he is just gorgeous. I must admit that I'm feeling a little blue though too. I've dreamed of having another daughter since I got pregnant with Gavin, and it's hard to let go of that dream. I'm also sad for Noe who desperately wants a sister (she rearranged her dollhouse so the big sister and girl twin are sharing a room and put the boy twin in with the parents- she actually wants to share her own room too!). She reminded me that I've always wanted 6 kids, so maybe we will have another and maybe we will get another girl. But as I mentioned earlier, I think we just have the recipe for boys!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
4 comments:
Congrats!! That is so exciting, very sad for Noe though, she has wanted a little sister since you were pregnant with Gavin, little blue will be so lucky to have her though. Hope everything is going okay. Love you guys and we cant wait to see you this summer.
Congrats... this little boy will be lucky to have you guys. Hang in there Noe--it's hard when we don't get to choose! :)
that's awesome. boys are cool! congrats!!!
Haha! When I read this to my kids Max said, "Man I totally know how Noe feels."
I am glad your little guy is healthy! Congrats again!
Post a Comment