Happy Easter!
What a fabulous day we've had that I'll post more about later, but now I'd like to share some thoughts on charity that my husband shared with me.
"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." (1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)
What is charity? The pure love of Christ. Let's read those scriptures again this way:
"Christ suffereth long, Christ is kind; Christ envieth not; Christ vaunteth not himself, Christ is not puffed up, Christ doth not behave himself unseemly, Christ seeketh not his own, Christ is not easily provoked, Christ thinketh no evil; Christ rejoiceth not in iniquity, Christ rejoiceth in the truth; Christ beareth all things, Christ believeth all things, Christ hopeth all things, Christ endureth all things."
Who are we trying to become like? Christ. Let's read this passage again with your own name inserted:
"Jennifer suffereth long, Jennifer is kind: Jennifer envieth not; Jennifer vaunteth not herself, Jennifer is not puffed up, Jennifer doth not behave herself unseemly, Jennifer seeketh not her own, Jennifer is not easily provoked, Jennifer thinketh no evil; Jennifer rejoiceth not in iniquity, Jennifer rejoiceth in the truth; Jennifer beareth all things, Jennifer believeth all things, Jennifer hopeth all things, Jennifer endureth all things."
I have so far to go to become that Jennifer, but that is the Jennifer I want to be. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and He has the power to save me and help me become who I truly want to be. What a marvelous blessing!!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment