I've been really wanting to have a "mantel" to switch up each month for the holidays/seasons, but alas our mantel holds our TV. So I decided to turn our buffet into our new mantel. I moved the flowers and candles from it to the dining room table, moved the rooster from the dining table to the living room coffee table, and moved the candle sticks from the coffee table to the buffet. I'm in the process of making crepe paper rosette kissing balls in every color of crepe paper I can get my hands on (I have 22 so far, ha!). For St. Patty's I have an assortment of greens- dark, medium, and light, tee hee. I also moved my Subway art frame to its new home on the "mantel". I have other holiday items for most months, but I've sketched out some wood trios that someday I will paint/modge podge with cute scrapbook paper. I also want to sew bunting or banners for each month too, but that's in the even farther future. It's fun for me to finally have a little holiday spot to rotate around and help me bloom where I'm planted!
Our St. Patty's was pretty low-key. We all went to church, then came home to a nice crockpot meal of roast, potatoes, and carrots. We completed the meal with whole wheat dinner rolls and Leprechaun floats. What's a Leprechaun float you ask? It's a 2L bottle of cream soda (left over from a birthday party) tinted with green food coloring, poured over top vanilla ice cream, and topped off with whipped cream. Voila la yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment