My favorite thing of the summer was that I got to spend my days with these 6 amazing people!
(I just wish Leonard could have been home with us too!)
Like it or not, the first day of school came anyway.
I asked all the kids what they want to be when they grow up.
Kaleb
8th grade
Music Composer or an artist or both
Noé
8th grade
Kindergarten teacher, dancer, and stay-at-home mom
Gavin
3rd grade
Toy tester for Thomas and friends train sets
Teague
1st grade
Chef
Hiram
1 more year until he starts school
Train driver
Ali
3 more years until she starts school
Dancer and a mommy
(she rocks out whenever she hears music and she's always carrying around doll babies and hugging and kissing them)
I'm so glad I have these little ones home during the day with me. I have lots of fun plans when Len and I are "empty nesters" but I don't want those days to come for a million years! I see us becoming empty nesters in 4 stages:
1) after all the kids are in school
2) after Kaleb and Noé are off to college
3) after all of our kids have left home
4) after all of our kids have married
I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 13 years, and I can't believe I'll enter stage 1 in just 3 short years (unless we have more babies ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment