Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Another Four Decades

How did I turn FORTY?  Seriously, this life is just flying!  Don't get me wrong I am glad to have made it to 40.  I remember when I was younger my mom telling me that she still felt 21 inside and she didn't recognize the old lady in the mirror.  Now I understand!  I hope I have at least another 60 years left though, so please don't call me "middle-aged" until I reach my next decade, ha!
 
I spent my 10th birthday with my Dad.  We went to see "Back to the Future" at the movie theaters, went to the park to feed the ducks, then went over to our friends' house where I was surprised with a fun party!
 
I spent my 20th birthday with my Mom.  She took me to the salon and I had a day of pampering.  I got a mani-pedi, facial, and my hair done in this fancy up-do.  I was supposed to go to a wedding reception that night, but I got a horrible headache and ended up staying home.  I was all dressed up with nowhere to go!
 
I spent my 30th birthday with Kaleb and Noé in Las Vegas at a pool party with our family and friends.  Len was supposed to be in language training in China when we bought our plane tickets.  His work decided to send us to Taiwan a year early instead, so the kids and I took one more trip home to see everyone before we headed to Asia.
 
I spent my 40th birthday with my sweet hubby and kiddos.  Len took the day off work and we went on a date (I'll post more later), then we came home to have a yummy cake with the little ones.
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: