Going on school trips when I was a kid, were some of my favorite childhood adventures. When I was in 5th grade I got to go to Dana Point, California with my Gifted and Academically Talented class to study oceanography and spend a night on the replica Pilgrim ship. It was fantastic! That year our group also did an archaeology dig for artifacts we had created supposedly from an advanced alien civilization that had visited our planet in the past. I wasn't able to go on that trip and I still regret it!
In Junior High I went on 2 year end trips- one to Magic Mountain, the other to Disneyland. But in High School is where the real fun and adventure began! I was able to go on 6 trips. My sophomore year I was on the Drill Team and got to go with our music department on both the fall and spring trips. My junior and senior years I got to go to cheerleading camps each summer, and each spring I got to go on the music trips with Spectrum (our school's amazing show choir- more like a music, dance, theater choir!). All of my school trips were to California and we went all over it from San Diego, to Los Angeles, to San Francisco.
Well, my son Kaleb just got back from his first band trip to California's sunny cousin- Florida!! He got to spend an amazing week visiting all 4 of the Disney Theme parks (a life long dream of mine!). That's right, they went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. They also got to visit the Kennedy Space Center. They performed on the Marketplace Stage in Disney Springs one afternoon, but otherwise got to play the entire rest of the week! I'm so glad he got to go, but I think I missed my calling, when can I become a high school band teacher? Sign me up!
Here are some fun pictures his band teacher shared with me:
In the email his teacher sent me she said, "Here are some highlights. We had so much fun! Kaleb is a treat!!"
2 comments:
What an amazing treat for him! So glad he was able to go to Disney with his band!
I hope someday you get to see your dream come true and visit WDW! My 9yo DD and I love it. I'm just finishing up a series of posts about it on my blog 'Catherine's Chatter'
Hi Catherine!
I've been following along on your blog and it looks like you two had a wonderful time! We did take our family to the Magic Kingdom about 3 years ago now. I would love to visit all of the other parks at WDW and visit the Magic Kingdom again someday!
Post a Comment