
This story came home one day from Kindergarten to be read and written about in either Kaleb or Noe's reading log last year. I liked the story so much that I bought 6 copies- one for each of my 2 sets of parents, Leonard's 3 brothers & their families, and of course 1 to add to our family library to honor our wonderful summer of family reunions with the Reil's, Pittl's, and Lee's. It's an endearing tale with charming illustrations.
I read this book while we were in Idaho. It's about a Utopian society. It actually made me think a lot about my gospel beliefs and if this society is something Satan would create. I believe that we must experience sorrow to be able to experience joy. I really liked the story, but was left wanting so much more at the end. There are 2 companion stories: Gathering Blue and Messenger. I will definitely have to read them too.
After I broke myself on Wednesday I spent hours at Urgent Care. On Thursday I went to 3 different doctors to finally find one that would treat me. On Friday I went to another 3 doctors to prep for my surgery Tuesday. Yesterday was my first day to actually follow the doctor's orders and sit with my foot elevated all day. Can I tell you that I have dreamed of having a day to just sit and read, but when it became a reality it was so hard to do! Luckily, I read a great book to pass the time. It is actually a heartbreaking tale of 2 women in Afghanistan, but it does have a satisfying ending. I think all people in free countries need to read this book to better understand what life is like in war torn countries. It was very sad, and I hope and pray I never have to experience what these characters did. However, it also is a story of hope. As long as we have hope for a better future we can make it happen.
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
1 comment:
i will have to add these to my goodreads list. hope your surgery goes well tomorrow.
Post a Comment