From my previous post today, you may have learned that I am a major Luddite. Fortunately for me, my husband possesses the technical skills I lack and was able to help me out. Now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy our Halloween post with LOTS of pictures!
Last year at Halloween time I bought Gavin an adorable Elephant costume. However, when I took it out of the packaging the trunk was missing. I figured I would just cut off the tusks and pretend it was a Mouse costume (after all it is the year of the Rat). I didn't color his nose black or paint whiskers on him though, so maybe he looks like a mouse, and maybe he just looks like an elephant without a trunk and tusks. He and I had a fun time at his Kindermusik Halloween party followed by trick-or-treating through the TYPA office.



Kaleb and Noe have lots of dress-up outfits, so Kaleb wore his Fireman costume to school and Noe wore her Bride dress. I was able to go to their 1st grade Halloween shah-bang too. They divided up in groups and mixed up with all of the 6 1st grade classes. Of course, the 3 Musketeers, Kaleb, Noe, and Minji all got to be in the same group. They rotated through different stations: Halloween Bingo, Coloring, Face Painting, Cookie Decorating, and Story Telling- where I helped and read the story, "Halloween Pie." For our previous 2 years at TAS they did a costume parade for the entire Lower School. I have to admit, it was a little long. This year, they decided to do individual grade parades and it worked much better. After each class paraded across the stage, they all gathered together to sing, "Looking for Dracula."



After our parties at school, it was time for our annual ward festivities. Earlier in the month, I went to this fun store
LaCoco with some friends. They had such fabulous costumes at amazing prices that I couldn't pass them up. I ended up buying the 3 kids each another costume. When Len got home from work, he went back and found some for he and I too.
Leonard the Tavern Keeper


Jennifer the Royal Empress (and the scariest Halloween site ever- a 3 months pregnant lady who looks 6 months pregnant- yikes! I think I'm bigger now than when I was 3 months pregnant with the twins!)


Kaleb the Muscle Man


Noe the Renaissance Princess


Gavin the
Race Car Driver (that won "Most Creative Costume" at the Costume Parade)


This year there was a fun photo booth set up. After the costume parade, we had some fun there. Our friends, the Ho family joined us, and we all had a great time.
The adorable 3 Musketeers.
We then went through 3 floors of fun Carnival games which included:
Mummy Making
Doughnut Eating (this was more difficult than it looks- no hands!)
Fishing in the Witch's Brew for Bats
And Pin-the-Face on the Pumpkin
While I went with the big kids around to the games, Leonard and Gavin played in the gym. Gavin the
race car driver ran into his good friend, Leone the airplane pilot!


The evening concluded with several rounds through the parking lot for Trunk-or-Treating. I went through 3 Costco-size bags of candy this year. We had a great turn-out from the community, and I ended up with a trunk full of cutie-pies!

We hope your Halloween was fabulous too!
5 comments:
Oh they all look so cute. And look like lots of fun. Btw, congrats on your pregnancy. That is so exciting!!
your ward halloween party looks like too much fun - like way better than mine was!
your family is too cute all dressed up :D
re: your last post - you'll get to lovin' your elph. it took me a minute or two to figure out how to work everything on mine.
Cute pictures! BTW, I am so glad I am not the only one that is huge already. I look like I am 5 or 6 months pregnant. I guess our bodies just know what to do. I have tried hiding my belly (at least until I was through with the first trmester), but it became too obvious about two weeks ago. Anyway, I am due exactly one week after you! How fun!
Jen, you look so cute! I love being able to see my future niece or nephew. Your costume was beautiful. I have always wanted a renaissance dress.
Your kids look darling!
What great pictures. You should be a professional photographer! I love the doughnut eating game. I will have to remember it next year.
Post a Comment