Gavin and I signed up to host playgroup this week...
...and my sweet friends Lydia and Chiu-Yi wanted to teach us how to make some Chinese food for the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations. Of course, I was thrilled to volunteer our kitchen.
Lydia and Chiu-Yi brought all the ingredients and had prepared a lot of it before hand. We still had some work to do shredding and chopping vegetables and stir-frying them up.
Many hands make for light work. (I just wish I had more cutting boards and better knives.)
The 13 little rugrats played AMAZINGLY well together, while the moms cooked.
Stuffing and crimping the dumplings. I'm guessing we made around 360!
The feast! The 6 plates on the left are the dumplings we made that we divided up and everyone took home for dinner. The ingredients on the right were going to be used for spring rolls, but it was lunch time by the time we were done and we were all starving...
...so Brother Wu stopped by and taught us how to make ren-bings (kind of like Chinese burritos). They were DELICIOUS and I had two. Notice the cool celery "brush" he made too for us to spread the hot sauce on with- love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment