Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm ready for six kids

On Wednesday, my friend Lori went to the hospital to have her third baby (can't wait to meet sweet Sadie). Her older two kids came and spent the day and night with us. My kids were thrilled to have friends over, and to have their first slumber party with friends (they've only had them with cousins before). I was thrilled because all 5 kids got along wonderfully. I was thinking- I've got 5 kids I'm taking care of on the outside, plus 1 on the inside, yeah I could handle 6. I think every dress up costume was worn and every toy was played with, but there wasn't a single disagreement all day. Of course, I know my kids always do better with friends than each other. When they're just with their siblings it's much easier to get bored and to fight, but I can still dream, right?


When it was time for bed we set up our queen-size foam for Sophie and Lucas in Noe's room and moved Kaleb's mattress in. Lucas was a little sad at first, but the 3 big kids wanted to party all night long. We eventually got all 4 of them to sleep.


Gavin enjoys his late nights with daddy much more than a silly slumber party.


The next morning I wanted a group shot in their pajamas. The girls were too fast and already had their princess dresses on, and of course Gavin didn't feel like cooperating. I don't know why he's so opposed to group shots lately, little stink. They spent the day with us today too, and seriously it was so great. It's just nice to have friends and siblings to play with!

No comments: