I started an account with Good Reads, but I haven't been good about updating it. I have most of the books I read in 2008 on this blog, so I wanted to do a final one with the rest of the books I read last year. I will put the books I read in 2009 on my Creative Pursuits blog.
The Kite Runner is set in Afghanistan and has a REALLY difficult scene to read. However, I really loved this book. Some people are just good no matter what their circumstances and that always inspires me (of course, some people are just evil no matter their circumstances and that terrifies me.)
The Peacegiver is a parable-type story that teaches ALL relationships can be strengthened if we strengthen our relationship with the Lord first.
The Alchemist is another parable-type story that teaches that we only have one life, so we MUST find out what our purpose is and then accomplish it.

The Wednesday Letters is a love story with an AMAZING example of Christ-like forgiveness.

Turn About- if you lived to be 100 and then could be young again, would you do it?

The Thief Lord is just a fun adventure set in the romantic Venice, Italy. Another example of the wide-range of humanity.

Candice Olson is possibly my favorite interior designer ever! I started watching her show "Divine Design" back in 2002 and I love every room she creates. I got her book Candice Olson On Design to help me decorate our new home when we move this summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment