Friday, May 27, 2011

Cake Walk


Last year for the school carnival, I just made 2 vanilla round cakes with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. This year I wanted to make a "fancier" cake, but I don't really have any skills. I found this Pink Poodle cake idea from Family Fun and gave it a try. My husband said it was the cutest cake at the fair. Thanks honey!


Our family also won another cake this year. We chose the second cutest cake (tee hee), this yummy guitar.



Gavin is our lucky charm- he won it for us both years in a row! Thanks for sharing with us Gavin!!



This week has been crazy busy with an extra appointment each day and evening. I completely missed the last American Idol performance show, and I got home with 10 minutes to spare for the results show. I think Scotty is a cutie, plus he's a great singer and performer. I still think Lauren should have won though. Girls unite, let's vote for girl power next year (tee hee!).



I've only ever watched a few episodes here and there of So You Think You Can Dance, and most of SYTYCD Canada in 2009, but I am passionate about dance!! We watched the first episode last night, and we'll try to watch the season, but it's summertime and we don't watch much TV. Anyway, Melanie Moore's audition made me cry! I'm sad because I know there is a time and season for things, and that season has passed for my dancing career. I look forward to strengthening some talents as I "mature" and I hope to strengthen my painting skills, take piano lessons again, and maybe study design down the road. I loved dancing in my youth and would love to pursue it again, however I think that ship has sailed (sigh).

No comments: