Monday, June 4, 2012

Impulse Buy

In honor of our anniversary, Leonard and I bought a little black box.  Let me give you a little back story.  We had planned on getting new wedding rings, but we were thinking some handmade inexpensive ones from Etsy.  Well, we were eating lunch at the mall, when we noticed a jewelry store was having a sale.  I joked to Len that he should go in and buy me something.  To my chagrin he went into the store and started browsing.  He came back out and told me to go peek at the display case in the back right corner and see if I liked anything.  I walked in and was immediately drawn to one ring.  The Sales Clerk asked if I'd like to try it on.  Sure!  What girl doesn't want to play dress up in some pretty sparkles?  I loved it, it was me, but by that point Len and the kids were all telling me to try on different styles.  I obliged, but even though the other rings were bigger and bolder, I still liked the first little one I tried on.  My heart was starting to get attached to this little piece of crystallized carbon.  I convinced Len we should get us the new rings.  He was shocked at my spontaneity, but glady made the purchase.  As we walked out of the store, I then started thinking- what have we done?  I didn't do any homework or research.  Could we have gotten something bigger at a better price?  Len asked me a simple question, did I like the new rings?  Yes, yes I really did.  He said to fret no more, but to just enjoy them. 
I took his advise and I am enjoying them!






Thanks honey!  What shall we get for our anniversary next year? 
Ha ha!

No comments: