Last year I participated in a fun Christmas e-mail of "getting to know your friends" and was hoping someone would send me a new version this year. Well, my friend Annick did and I decided to add it to the blogging realm. Any bloggers out there who wish to add this questionaire to their own blog, "tag, you're it!" (but please tell me in my comments that you're gonna play, so I can be sure and read it!)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper, but some odd-shaped gifts go in bags.
2. Real or Artificial tree? Grew up with real ones, and once we live in a place where we can have a real one again we will. But for now we have an artificial one and it is nice to have it up the day after Thanksgiving until New Year's. When we get a real one again, we'll probably still put up the artificial one and have one on each floor!
3. When do you put up the tree? The day or weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after New Year's or so.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog!
6. Favorite gift you received as a child? The one I remember best was Shannon Rory, my cabbage patch kid. But my best Christmas gift ever is Gavin! After spending a week in the NICU after he was born, we finally got to bring him home on Christmas day last year!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 8 now, and think I want to start collecting them.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Kaleb. I have lots of ideas for him, but can't find what I want.
9. What was the worst Christmas gift ever received? No gift is ever bad, it's the thought that counts.
10. Christmas Cards? Always send them, love receiving them!
11. Favorite Christmas movie? So Many! It's a Wonderful Life, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, I could keep going.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually July. I love to though when I'm home for the summer.
13. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? I've only recycled a gift once, but it was a wedding gift. I've received a recycled Christmas present before- ha!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade cookies, fudge, candy, you know- sugar!
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear on the tree, but once we have our own home we'll hang colored outside.
16. Favorite Christmas Song? I adore Christmas music. I like a lot of the old English carols like The Holly And The Ivy, Good King Wenceslas, We Three Kings, etc.
17. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Usually stay home, but love it when we can travel to family. It was nice growing up near extended family because I spent the morning with my nuclear family and then the evening with extended family. Wish I could do that now for my kids.
18. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. In German Donner, is Donder as Donder and Blitzen means Thunder and Lightning!
19. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? A star. I have seen some beautiful angels, but growing up with my dad's sense of humor I have never been able to put an angel on top of the tree.
20. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Pajamas on Christmas Eve, everything else Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That the season goes TOO fast!
22. Shopping...Mall or online? Prefer mall, but since I'm in Taiwan I've done a lot of online stuff.
23. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside? Just inside now, but when we have our home- watch out neighborhood!
24. Favorite Christmas cookie? I love homemade sugar cookies, decorated with beautiful and delicious buttercream frosting. I also love white chocolate covered oreos!
25. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? I have some red blouses that I wear at Christmas time, but I sometimes wear them for Valentine's too.
26. Do you believe in Santa? Yes I do!
Happy Christmas & Merry New Year!!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment