Monday, December 31, 2007

Xin Nian Kuai Le!


Or in other words Happy New Year 2008! We had a low-key, but fun New Year's Eve. We played games with the kids until they went to bed. They had another slumber party (they have every night since Christmas Eve). Len & I then watched "It's a Wonderful Life" since we didn't get a chance to before Christmas. I fell asleep on the couch, but Len stayed up until midnight so he woke me up right before hand. We stood on our balcony and watched a dozen different firework displays. Taiwan definitely knows how to put on a fireworks show! We watched the 101 building light up the sky, drank some Martinelli's, ate some truffles, and shared a smooch. A great way to welcome in the new year!



On New Year's day we went out and about for a little while. We went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. I'm so glad my diet hasn't started yet- tee hee. Everything was so delicious! We started off with bruschetta, then Len & I had pasta dishes (I had Penne Rustica) while the kids shared a margherita pizza- even Gavin ate a whole slice! We also ordered Italian Sodas.


The highlight of the meal was our piece of Lemon Passion Cake! This cake is truly to-die-for good!!! We went to the 101 building afterwards to window shop and burn off some of the million calories we just consumed.


This is the closest we got to a white Christmas this year. While we were here at the 101 we saw their Ferrari and Maserati car show. Kaleb loved seeing all of his fun toy cars in real life! I love days like this with my family. I hope 2008 brings lots of them!

1 comment:

Gecko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.