Being me, I know all of my flaws and every New Year's I think of a hundred different resolutions. This year I'm going to change my approach. In my life I feel like I am often the "hare" sprinting through an obstacle and then once it's over I nap for a while. I'd rather become the "tortoise" slowly but steadily plotting along to becoming a better person. Here are some areas I hope to become better in this year:
HOME
I'm going to "let go" of wanting everything perfect. I'll tidy up the front rooms daily, but only the back rooms weekly. I want to do more with my life than just picking up.
I'm also going to put more effort into making dinner each day.
FAMILY
Leonard and I ARE going to go out on more dates this year. I also want to have more one-on-one dates with the kids. I'm going to start a Friday night rotation, maybe like this: week 1= Temple date, week 2= Len & I date, week 3= Jen & child date, week 4= Len & child date, week 5= Family date.
I am also going to become more patient and raise my voice less with my children.
PERSONAL
I'm going to get back to basics and say my prayers EVERY day. I'm going to spend more time "listening." I'm going to read my scriptures EVERY day. I'm going to get caught up in last year's journal, and use my blog as an outlet for this year's journal.
I'm going to exercise 5 days a week and eat better. (It's so frustrating that after 4 months of exercising and watching what I ate I only lost 6 pounds, and then after 2 weeks off for the holidays I've gained it right back!) But I can't go on a diet, it just doesn't work for me. I need to make conscience choices about eating well that will hopefully evolve into lifestyle changes over time.
I'm going to take time for my hobbies. I'm loving blogging and I want to "finish" 2007 and stay caught up in 2008, so I can make a bound book of each year. I want to work on my scrapbooks more. I want to work on my beading more. I want to write more stories for my dolls and then work to get them published and my dolls manufactured.
I'm going to continue keeping in touch with extended family and old friends. I'm also going to be more spontaneous or at least more flexible with my schedule so I can do more things with my new friends.
*I have a long way to go to become the woman I want to be, but if I work at it slow and steady I can become her.
No comments:
Post a Comment