
Today Leonard took his personal day at work so he could stay home and play with Gavin. I went to the school to help out at the Kindergarten Red Market. All 5 kindergarten classes participated in this awesome event! Each student received a red envelope filled with "kindergarten dollars." They used their money to participate in activities and to buy their lunch from the different food stalls. I brought in veggie cups with carrot and celery sticks. They also had pizza, pasta, mouse munchies, mandarin oranges, sticky rice, egg rolls, cheese sandwiches, cheese & salami on a stick (toothpicks), mouse cookies, and fruit juice. The different activities were Chinese Calligraphy, Internet Cafe, Chopstick Pick-up, Face Painting, Beauty Parlor, Rat Toss, Lucky Punch, Mouse Maze, Pin-the-Tail on the Rat, and Stuart Little's Photo Shop (which is where I worked taking pictures of all the cute Kindergarten Kids in their festive costumes!) Kaleb and Noe also wrote out red envelopes for each of their classmates and filled them with chocolate coins to wish them a Happy Year of the Rat!

This display was actually in the Caesar Park Hotel Lobby, but I thought it would look great with this post! Gavin also had a Chinese New Year Party at Kindermusik on Tuesday. His teacher brought each student a red envelope with some baby snacks in it and she brought materials for each student to make a necklace with a red firecracker pendant. She is so awesome! We missed class the week before so I didn't know to bring my camera- bummer!
No comments:
Post a Comment