Our main purpose in going to Hong Kong was for Disneyland, the Temple, and the Big Buddha. However, we wanted to do more sightseeing so we booked a day tour.
We started off by riding a sampan through the Aberdeen Fishing Village. We saw the many poor fishing boats, the luxurious yachts of the wealthy, huge apartment buildings nestled together at the harbor, and the Jumbo Floating Restaurant that has an occupancy over 2,000.
Our next stop was to a jewelry workshop, where of course they want you to buy jewelry! I had my eye on a pair of pearl earrings with a matching pendant on a simple silver chain. I couldn't decide if I wanted black or white pearls though. They were at a really great price, so Leonard bought me both. I'm so spoiled!
Our next stop was to the Repulse Bay. A little beach filled with lots of fun Chinese religious statues.






Next, we drove up Victoria Peak and got to see Hong Kong's version of Beverly Hills (yes, I've seen Jackie Chan's home.) Here is the view of Hong Kong from the top of the Peak.

The tour ended and we met our friends Rachel, Michael, & Daniel Shum (David couldn't make it, but he babysat the kids for us while we went to the Hong Kong Temple) at the California Pizza Kitchen. It was SO good, I wish Taiwan had more Western restaurants! It was great to catch up with the Shum's- now they have to visit us in Ottawa next.


4 comments:
I just can't believe we live in such as small world. David Shum and I used to play table tennis in 1987 while attending Ricks College in Idaho. Is there a chance I can get his contact information from you?
Hi Gene,
I e-mailed Rachel to give Daniel your contact info and she said you already connected with him. I'm glad you were able to find him. It is a small world, and it's so great with today's technology to find old friends =).
Yes, thank you very much for following up. Nice meeting you.
Post a Comment