Last Sunday I spoke in Church and I really enjoyed it. No, I didn't actually enjoy giving my talk- I got tongue-tied at the beginning, cried in the middle, but at the end I was satisfied with the message I shared. I was asked to study Elder Claudio Costa's talk "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today." It was a great talk to prepare from, and then I added my own 4 pages of thoughts on the subject. I want to list the 10 key points I made here, so I can remember them and be the best wife, mother, and person I can be.
1. Pray with faith.
2. Read the scriptures.
3. Hold Family Home Evening.
4. Go on dates with those you love (spouse and children) and attend the Temple.
5. Obey the laws of the land and the higher laws- the commandments.
6. Repent often and forgive others.
7. Respect others and be compassionate.
8. Serve others.
9. Work- outside the home, in the home, budget your finances, pay your tithing.
10. Play- participate in wholesome recreational activities and make family traditions.
While I was preparing this talk I prayed that I would share something that would be pleasing unto the Lord. After my talk was over I received many compliments. That made me happy because I knew my prayers had been answered. However, I feel this message was particularly meant for me and I'll do my best to incorporate it into my daily life.
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
1 comment:
I wish I could have been there to hear it!
Post a Comment