Thursday, January 10, 2008

House Dreams

Since Len and I have been married we have lived in Utah for 2 years, England, Nevada, and Idaho each for a year, Ontario for 3 years, and we are now in our 3rd of 4 years in Taiwan. After our posting is finished next year we will most likely go back to Ottawa for a few years before our next posting. I am starting to get trunky already! It will be great to be back with our Ottawa "family" again, and to enjoy the conveniences we're used to in North America. However, I am also so excited about going back because we will hopefully (& finally) buy our very first home!!! I've been looking on-line at different homes being built in the Orleans area of the city and have found my dream house. It's a 5 bedroom house, with a loft (for a library), living room (for a piano), family room (for an entertainment center), home office (for our hobbies), and a finished basement (for our kids' playroom). Of course, this is my dream house so that means it will only be mine in my dreams- tee hee. I would actually be quite happy with a 4 bedroom townhouse, as long as it has a living room & family room (that would be our hobby/playroom), a laundry room, a fenced back yard, and a garage!!! I don't want to scrape snow off our car in the frigid winters. I do day dream a lot, but since you're supposed to dream at night I've even looked at some new bedspreads for each of us to use in our new rooms.

For the Master bedroom.


For the boys' room.


For the girl's room.


I just can't wait to decorate our OWN place! I want to paint, and make artwork, and hang curtains! I also can't wait to buy NEW furniture. Len and I had new furniture in England and we also have new furniture here in Taiwan. However, in both cases it was/is not ours. All of the other places we lived we just had hand-me-downs. I just can't wait to buy our own new stuff! I know I will have to stick to a budget, but right now while I'm dreaming there is no budget- tee hee. Here's some things we could use.

Practical, yet pretty living room furnishings.


A nice dining room table for 6 (hope we have a 4th baby!) that will have enough room for all of us, but will be cozy too. Right now our table seats 8 and has a 3rd leaf and 2 more chairs to seat 10. It's just too big.

I know my dreams are big, but it will just be fun to have our home to be able to personalize with our own style. I can't wait!

No comments: