Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hope this NEVER happens, but if...

Leonard and I have seen great tragedy in our married life. Eight months after we were married we lost his parents in a carbon-monoxide accident. Fifteen months after that we lost my cousin and his wife in a canoeing accident, leaving behind their 5 children aged 6 and under. I try to be an optimistic person, but I feel I am often looking over my shoulder for the next tragedy to strike. My biggest fear would be to lose one of my children, or my husband, or myself for that matter. I wouldn't want my husband to spend the rest of his life alone, or my children to be raised without a mother. However, I don't want to be replaced either. I think this has been on my mind lately as I approach my little solo trip. I am excited to have some girl time, but I will miss my little family. Hopefully, all will go well on both counts, but if... Leonard and I made a pact that if anything ever happened to either one of us, we would want the other to re-marry. However, there are 2 qualifications to that. The person must be a widow/er her/himself and be sealed to their previous spouse. Also, there would be no new children born from that relationship. Isn't this a morbid post? I guess since I do think about this from time to time, I want my thoughts recorded somewhere. I sure hope this NEVER happens though!!!

No comments: