Since Gavin turned 2, I think it was only appropriate that he had 2 parties to celebrate! We hosted playgroup that day and he had so much fun playing with all of his little friends.
The playgroup gang: Ashton, Gavin, Lizzy, Braydn, Lucas, Mason, Jadyn, and Sydney. Mommy's friends Leone, Kay, Amanda, Lori, Lydia, Nicole, & Chiu-yi were also here.
Sweet baby James even made his debut to playgroup. He is just so cute!
Sure the toys are fun to play with, but playing IN the toy basket is even more fun!
Decorating the clown with all of his colored noses.
Doesn't he look snazzy?
We served blue and green cupcakes to everyone at the end. I wonder what Gavin was thinking? Ha ha, I got a cupcake! I got a cupcake! Neener, neener, neener!
In the evening we had our family party. Can you tell Kaleb & Noe were just as excited as Gavin?
The birthday cake didn't turn out how I had originally envisioned, but improvisation is necessary as a mom, right?
Gavin didn't know what to think about the candles, but after he blew them out he started screaming. He was terrified of the little swirls of smoke heading towards his face. It was so cute- poor guy though!
This afternoon and this evening all he would do was lick the frosting. He never took a bite of the actual cake. Maybe next year?
Isn't he cute with frosting all over his face? Notice his crossed feet too, that's his pose every time he's in the big chair.
Gavin was very spoiled with gifts from Mommy & Daddy, Kaleb & Noe, Grandma & Grandpa Green-Eyes, Gramma & Grampa Blue-Eyes, and his sweet friend Lizzy.
The goodies inside the pretty wrapped gifts. I think it was so cute that Kaleb made Gavin a paper chain for his birthday, and Noe gave him her fiction story she wrote at school. What sweet siblings!
It was LATE after his little party was over, so he only got to play with his new toys for a little while before bedtime. He was so surprised the next morning when he woke up and saw his Ninky Nonk set up.
1 comment:
Such a cutie! Happy Birthday Gavin. The cake was so adorable and loved his present. My kids would love that!
Post a Comment