Thursday, December 11, 2008

What do you think?


On my poll, 55% of you voted that baby #4 is a girl, but nope it's not pink...


...That's right, it's blue! We are having another boy and we are thrilled!

*I have to admit that we did have a bit of an emotional weekend though after we found out. Back in October, I bought the above Teddy Bear with the intent of putting a blue or pink bow on it and then putting it under the Christmas tree. On Christmas day, the kids would open it and learn if they were having a new baby brother or sister. After we found out last Friday, I could not wait 3 more weeks to tell them. That day they went to their friend's house after school and stayed for dinner. We picked them up afterwards and took them all to Coldstone Creamery. I had the gift with me and they were curious as to what it was. I had them pick a number between 1-10 to see who would get to open it. When I handed the bag to Noe, again she asked "What is this?" I told her it was something to tell them about the baby. She then said, "Is it a girl?" I told her to open it and find out. As soon as she saw the teddy bear a big smile lit up her face and she said, "It IS a girl!" That sure backfired on me!!! I told her to look at the color of the bow, and asked her what that color usually represented. Her face crumbled and she said, "Oh, it's a boy" and her eyes immediately swelled up with tears. My heart just broke for her little one.

I shed some tears myself when I found out it was a boy. Then I felt guilty for crying and cried even more. Don't get me wrong, I will LOVE this new little guy with all of my heart (I already do!), but I had been hoping for a girl as well. One of my quirks is that I am a very "even stevens" person. Another quirk is that I am a major "planner." Since it is my life, I obviously have opinions, hopes, and dreams for it. Well, I always imagined having an even number of children, and that they would be 50/50 boys & girls. After doing a little bit of soul searching, I realized again that it doesn't matter if we are having a boy or a girl, we are having a BABY and that is the most wonderful thing!!! I always say I trust in my Heavenly Father's will for me, and now that I've learned His will is different than what I thought it was going to be, I accept that and I have faith that it will bring me happiness. Who knows- maybe we'll still be blessed with another daughter someday (I have always dreamed about having the "Brady Bunch" family afterall). If not, I will love the sweet children I have been blessed with, and Noe will at least have 3 future sisters-in-law that she will hopefully be best friends with!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats on the boy! Have you thought of names already?

Jennifer said...

Hi Mandy,
I have a name picked out, but Len isn't 100% sure though. I told him he can't just veto the names I come up with, he's got to put some forth too. Last night, he did bust out our 100,000+ Baby Names book, so we'll see what we end up deciding. I think naming a child is one of the awesomest, and challenging gifts a parent gets!

Leslie S. said...

Tell Noe' she can play with my girls anytime as long as Dayne can hang out with your boys! Congrats, so exciting.. what a difference 10 years makes. Who a thought?

Delyna said...

Congrats Jen! I was really shocked when we found out Ashton was a girl.... I was also expecting an 'even' family... but by the time she got here we were just so happy nothing else mattered. Now I wouldn't trade her for a thing! Heavenly Father has chosen that sweet little boy for your family. I can't wait to meet him! We miss you.