Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

Leonard took the day off of work today- hooray! Unfortunately, we didn't get to do the fun things I had planned (decorating sugar cookies with our playgroup), because I had to wrap ALL of our presents and it took me ALL day. In the afternoon, I was finally finished and we watched our favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life."



Today I am also 20 weeks along in my pregnancy. I'm half-way there now! Leonard reminded me that it's not "downhill" from here, but psychologically it's so nice to be on the other side of the hill.

The BEST part of the day was going over to our dear friends, the Ho family to spend the evening. They spoiled us with gifts for each of us. I felt really bad that I only brought them some Belgian Chocolates. I'll just have to make it up to them later!


We tried to get a shot of the kids, but Gavin was pouting and Noe was too busy snuggling the girls.


Noe had so much fun with her "borrowed" sisters. (Seriously, I would love to have either one of these girls as a future daughter-in-law.)


I finally caught Gavin smiling. He loved driving the car.


We had a delicous ham dinner with all of the trimmings. Lauren is a great cook!


We also had pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie, and mince-meat tarts for dessert. The kids' favorite was roasting marshmallows in the fireplace though- yum!
*We REALLY miss our extended families, especially during the holidays. But, we are SO very grateful for such wonderful friends to spend them with!

No comments: