Yesterday I met with by baby doc for my routine check-up and to schedule the birthday. Well, when the doc came in he told me he had already scheduled it for October 28th. I was a little surprised because with my previous 2 I gave the doc input as to the date, etc. I told him I thought that sounded like a great birthday, but that I was a little concerned as well. It is exactly one week before my ultrasound due date, but it is 3 days after my last period due date. I have never carried a pregnancy past 37 weeks and I am nervous I will go into labor before that. Of course, I want the baby to be fully "baked" and not have to go to the NICU, but my track record should be taken into account. With my last pregnancy I had the whole polyhydramnios/amnioreduction scare and was on medication my last month to stop my contractions. My doc in Taiwan was so happy I made it to 37 weeks that she didn't want to push her luck and Teague was born perfectly healthy. My new doc said that yes, I probably wouldn't make it to the scheduled date, but we'll just play it by ear. Play it by ear? I wish I didn't have to have a c-section, but that is one of the benefits- you don't have to play it by ear, you can schedule it for a time when baby is healthy enough, but before mommy goes into labor! My uterus is still growing rapidly and I go for my 5th ultrasound in 2 weeks to check my fluid levels again. I really don't want to go into labor before the scheduled date, but I'm most upset because my parents from Vegas are flying in to take care of our other 4 children while I'm in the hospital and I have no idea when to tell them to come! Doc and I have more to discuss in 2 weeks for sure!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment