Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Baby!

After a month away, Mr. & Mrs. Robin returned to their nest.  I knew there had to be more eggs!  While they were away eating, I quickly opened the door, reached my camera above the nest and snapped a picture.  One sweet little blue egg!  I think Mrs. Robin wanted to have 5 babies like me, ha ha!

This little guy is a survivor.  One night when Len was returning from work, Mrs. Robin got all excited and flew away.  In all the commotion little baby (still featherless) fell down to the ground.  Len was heartbroken.  He ran inside, put on his gloves, and ran back outside to put baby back in his nest.  This picture was taken the day before he left home.  He grew up so fast!

2 comments:

afriend said...

Awww! What a beautiful little home the robin built. It is picture perfect with the little pink flowers around it! I love it! They knew it was a good house to raise a family at!!!

Jen Reil said...

Thanks Lois!