We drove all day and made it just in time for the last tour of the Kirtland Temple. It's marvelous to be able to walk through this sacred place where much of the gospel was restored. I believe this temple received heavenly visitors- Jesus Christ, Moses, Elias, and Elijah. Our church no longer owns it, but it was nice to visit with the people of the Community of Christ faith.
Our family in front of the its big green doors.
After the tour we visited some more important places in history. The kids were ready to go to the school!
In front of the Newel K. Whitney store where the revelation on the Word of Wisdom was received.
I love seeing all of their merchandise inside!
The Whitney's lovely home...
...and flower garden.
The town hotel.
The darling sister missionaries that were our tour guides- in front of the potash factory.
I love the old tin lanterns!
No comments:
Post a Comment