Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Family Camp

I hope we can spend every Canada Day at the Thomas S. Monson Camp with our dear friends from Ottawa!

The tent on the right is the tent we bought back in 2004 when we were just a family of 4.  This year we upgraded to the tent on the left- hooray it is tall enough for me to walk in!  The little tent now conveniently holds our luggage.

My 4 boys crashed out.

Noé got to have a slumber party with her friends.  These girls were so cute and would perform the "Cups" song at every meal.

This is where Hiram slept most nights- out in the van so we could muffle his midnight screaming fits.  Len and I took turns sleeping resting with him- ugh!

The weather was a bit chilly this year, but the kids still tried for a little water play.  Hayden and Gavin going out in the raft.

Noé and the girls took the raft out to the dock and even swam a bit- so brave!

Len taught Kaleb and Liam how to skip stones.

Hiram and Teague thought it was nuts to get in the cold water, so they relaxed on the beach together.

Braid twins- Holly & Molly!

Sand castle time.

Teamwork.

Early birds.

Gregg & Mary.

Trajan & Julia.

Playing The Great Dalmuti.

Being silly.

Taking a snooze all snuggled up.

Wild iris,

more pretty flowers,

and bright berries.

Great friends!  Tasca, me (in the dorky hat), Rita, Mary, Marsha, and Julia.

Emilee how did you get as tall as Dallin and Jeremy?

Ha ha, this explains it.  You have height in your torso, while the boys are all legs.

All the kids (except Teague who was still snoozing).

Tarzan!

My sweet Ruby Tuesday.  I love this girl!  Thanks for letting me do your hair like a Fraggle.

Hiram loved his 'Smore, but not the face and chest hair it gave him, ha!
 
I just remembered this pic from facebook.  Even though we only had 5 families in our group, this was the whole group at the camp that weekend.  We had special permission to hold a sacrament meeting.  This is when I spoke on "How the Gospel Blesses the Lives of Women" and the only time I've given a church talk wearing flip flops, ha ha!

No comments: