This is where I went to high school, the original Las Vegas High. It is the oldest high school in the city with the first graduating class being from 1931. I was in the class of 1993- the last of the legacy! After we graduated a new high school was opened that took on the name of LVHS and all of its traditions while this school became Las Vegas Academy, a magnet school for International Studies and Performing/Visual Arts. This weekend is our 20th reunion and I am so bummed that I can't be there! Tonight they're going to the Homecoming Football Game at the new LVHS, then tomorrow they're touring the old LVHS and having a family picnic, then in the evening they're having a formal dinner & dance. For all of my friends who are going, PLEASE take lots of pictures for me!!
I haven't changed much in 20 years, right? Ha ha! I loved high school! I had wonderful friends, great teachers,...
...and lots of extracurriculars- Cheerleading, Spectrum, Dance Festival, Student Council, Honor Society. We had good times. In fact, watch THIS VIDEO by one of our famous alumni to get a taste of what I was doing back then!
I have to give a shout out to my handsome hubby too. It's also his 20th anniversary of high school graduation, but we haven't heard of a reunion or anything. It's too bad because one of his classmates is quite famous now. Watch THIS VIDEO to see where Len went to school.




No comments:
Post a Comment