After I was born, I left the hospital and arrived at this sweet little home sweet home on 5 acres of land. I lived there until I was about a year and a half old. We left Indiana and I've only been back one other time in my life (Christmas 1984).
For this trip we stayed with Clint and Lacey's lovely family. However, we were on the go all day! Our first stop was to the park for a barbeque.
Clint, Lacey with Chloe, and Conner.
Wyatt with Kolton, Karlee, and Keegan.
Grandpa and Grandma with baby Levi were visiting from Idaho.
Our little fam was so excited we got to see more of our extended family!
After lunch we cooled off at Cataract Lake.
Teague didn't last for long in the water, but the rest of us found it quite refreshing!
Baby Kolton is just 3 weeks younger than baby Levi.
Grandpa and Grandma love their babies!
Hiram was asleep before we even left the parking lot.
I loved driving through the corn fields, but I also have to admit in some places I felt a little claustrophobic when that was all that we could see.
We had to see some of Cataract's old famous sites, like the General Store. There was also an old barn and a one room school house that is being renovated to become a museum. The school house also had the girls latrine still standing. It had 2 "toilets" in the tiny space that faced each other. I think that would be just a teensy bit awkward, ha!
We also walked through the beautiful covered bridge...
...and peeked at Cataract Falls.
I would love to live in Clint and Lacey's home. They have this gorgeous HUGE tree (with a swing) in their front yard...
...hayfields and hay bales for the kids to climb on in the backyard...
...and cornfields in the side yard. Conner thinks it's a swell place to live too!
And Keegan loves to visit often!
The kids went across the street to visit Clint's grandpa's donkeys. Noé was so excited to go back to school and tell her class she hand fed donkeys during her summer vacation. She must have a little bit of country in her heart like her momma!
Lacey's beautiful tiger lilies.
Uncle Keith and Aunt Gloria joined us for dinner.
Grandpa and Grandma with 10 of their 12 grandkids. We sure missed you Tyler and Jacob! And Lana, Adam, and LaChele!
Before we left we had to visit the bell graveyard. I swung a bell, made a wish, and hoped we'd be with all of our extended families again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment