Monday, October 14, 2013

Niagara Falls

We arrived in Niagara Falls at 1 o'clock in the morning.  We went up to our room and went straight to bed.   The next morning we marveled at our gorgeous view of the falls.  I didn't realize that Niagara Falls is actually made up of two waterfalls- the horseshoe falls are the Canadian falls and the other ones are the American falls.  Our room told us that enough water passes over the falls each minute to fill one MILLION bathtubs!!  Our room had a huge bathtub that all 5 of our kids fit into, so I would guess it would take at least 3 times the amount of a normal tub to fill, ha!
 
Unfortunately, Niagara Falls has become a huge tourist trap.  There are so many hotels, casinos, and attractions that it gives Las Vegas, Orlando, and New York City a run for their money.  We just wanted to see the falls, so that's what we did!  Here's another view of the Canadian falls from ground level.

Posing in front of the American falls before we got a little wet.

Grandma and Grandpa spoiled us and we decided to put their generosity to good use and ride the Maid of the Mist.  I couldn't believe that it's been around since 1846- it's possibly the oldest attraction I've patronized.
 
An up-close shot of the American falls. 

I couldn't get a very good close-up of the Canadian falls because there was just too much water!  Do you see how SOAKED Len and Hiram are?  We didn't just get a little wet, it was seriously like we just jumped in the shower with our clothes on!

Kaleb called us blueberries in our rain ponchos.

Yes, we were completely drenched, but it was definitely worth it!

No comments: