My parents grew up in Dayton, Ohio and I lived there for a short time between my first and second birthdays. Since we moved out west I've only been able to visit 5 times. The first time back was Christmas 1984 and it felt just like being in the movie "Back to the Future" as I got to see the neighborhoods my parents had called home. My mom's brother moved back to Dayton shortly after I graduated from high school. So our first stop was to visit him and his wife.
It was so nice to see you Aunt Launa and Uncle John!
This school has been recently renovated, but this is where my mother went to school and was a cheerleader at.
St. Mary's has been the church for many generations of my family. My dad went to Catholic school here too.
Next we went to visit Aunt Ginny. We also got to see my cousins Deni and Angie, and Angie's kids Lauren and John.
My favorite house on Corwin Street! This house is over 100 years old and has been in the family for about 60 of those. My grandparents bought it when my dad was just a toddler. After my grandma retired, my Aunt Tina lived in it. Now my Aunt Barbara and cousin Allen do.
It was so lovely to visit with Aunt Barb, Allen, and Aunt Mary. Next we've got to visit Aunt Mary in Boston!
My sweet fam building memories here.
That evening we went out to my cousin Anita's house to spend the night. I like our van parked out front! The house across the street was for sale. I would love to move in!
Their house was so beautiful and the basement was the best! The kids were so excited that they got to eat breakfast in the 50's diner. The basement also had a cool billiards room and home theater. Ooh la la!
Anita, Bill, and Drew were gracious hosts. Their older son Alex and his wife live out of state now.
I love my cousins!
My fam all ready to head to the family reunion!
No comments:
Post a Comment