Kaleb invited 5 friends over for a video games tournament to celebrate his birthday. Unfortunately, we had to do it on the first Saturday of March break, so only 2 friends were able to come. I think they all had a good time though, and this party was my most stress-free party yet!
We got the place all decorated with red and blue balloons.
Set the table and decorated the mantel.
Then the games began!
One of our nunchucks stopped working and our 4th couldn't be found, so Len made a quick trip to buy a new one. It's a good thing we live close to shopping!
The boys each got a "Trophy" for their participation. We then made mini-pizzas and butterscotch milkshakes.
Under these chocolate flowers.
was a 6-layer cake,
that didn't survive the night. Oh dear!
Kaleb was a good sport though, and happy with his tasty (yet not so pretty) cake anyway.
Make a wish!
We smashed layers together, so everyone could at least try all 3 flavors- butterscotch, vanilla, and chocolate. I flavored each of the layers with pudding and I think that was my problem. The cake was just too moist to hold the weight.
Kaleb was spoiled with more cash and his first Nerf gun. Now we have to get Nerf guns for the rest of our kids so they can defend themselves. I see lots of family fun with these things in the future!
Kaleb had a great day with his friends and siblings.
Happy Birthday Son!

No comments:
Post a Comment