Friday, March 28, 2014

Patty's Pies


We celebrated Pi Day (3/14) and St. Patrick's Day (3/17) a little belated and together this year.  Here we all are sporting our green!  Outside it still looks like we're living inside a snow globe.  I really can NOT wait for spring to come!
 







I can't wait for next year to get a pic of Baby Girl in this little hat!

In honor of our green holiday I made a Pistachio Pudding Pie.  I made up the recipe myself.  It probably should have had a graham cracker crust, but I love pasty crust so that's what I did.  I just whipped up a box of pistachio pudding using half of the milk and substituting the other half with sour cream.  I topped it off with coconut cream (like I made for Noé's birthday party) and sprinkled crushed pistachio's on top.  It was pretty tasty.

We did eat dinner first, two chicken pot pies.

We may have had an extra dessert.  I love me some peach pie!  I only wish I had put an extra crust on top of the chicken pot pies and this peach pie.  Like I said, I LOVE pastry crust!

I think vanilla ice cream is my new favorite flavor of ice cream.  It's because I serve it with other yummy desserts- pie, cake, brownies, cookies, etc!

No comments: