Our Teague-y boy turned 5! How is this possible? He was only 2 months old when we moved from Taiwan and now he's a big school kid! He didn't have school on his birthday though as it was Easter Monday. It was so nice having everyone home to celebrate with him!
He is such a fun guy and I had to add this shot to show his black and white socks and that his pants are on backwards, ha! He loved wearing his birthday hat all day. Hiram tried to snag it from him at one point and Teague asked him, "Is it your birthday or mine, Hiram?" Len and I laughed so hard!
Originally, I was going to have a friends party for him, but after our trip to Las Vegas, Easter weekend, and being 8 months pregnant, I just couldn't do it. He was perfectly happy to have a family party (the benefit of having lots of siblings), so we hung up balloons.
Opened his big present...
a new mini-tramp...
jump for joy, this boy can tell the monkey inside of him not to jump on the couch anymore, ha!
We had cake.
(Yes, sadly it was store bought. Does it look familiar? Hiram's was the exact same, but in chocolate. Hiram's birthday was at the beginning of my pregnancy when I was so sick and Teague's is at the end when I am so huge. Next year will be better boys!)
Again, Teague didn't care, he was just thrilled to have cake!
With all of the snow (finally) melted, we went over to the park for some Nerf wars.
Kaleb and Noé shot them all over the park and spent a lot of time retrieving the bullets. The little boys soon lost interest with that and wanted to play on the playground equipment.
Hiram was so happy that he could climb up the big slide all by himself and slide down.
(Every time he did, I had a mini heart attack, as it just has a steep ladder to climb up and the shoes he was wearing were 2 sizes too big. Thank goodness he never fell while climbing up, but he did fall every time he landed, he thought that was part of the fun!)
I love this pic of Teague and Gavin on the teeter-totter. Teague is laughing so hard, because I was teasing him about his pants falling down. He is so skinny, he constantly has to pull his pants up around his waist- and that's after I've cinched all the inside elastic and buttons!
On Tuesday the treats continued with brownie bites for his class mates.
It's always so fun for me to go into the school.
Teague has 4 teachers! His EA, ECE, his favorite Mrs. N, and his student teacher. Since the advent of full-day kindergarten the kindergarten classes have doubled in their size. Yes, I think it's good to have 4 teachers taking care of 29 kids!!
He came home with another birthday hat and a big sticker. This darling boy enjoyed his 5th birthday celebrations and I hope he enjoys this new year just as much!
No comments:
Post a Comment