I love sending and receiving Christmas cards! On Boxing Day 2010, I bought ten years' worth of Christmas cards, yes you read that right, TEN years' worth! They were all so beautiful and the sale was amazing and I had room to store them, so I was quite a happy girl. I went home that day and sorted them and made a list of which cards I'd send which years. Fast forward to 2017, I brought that year's cards with me in my suitcase and left the remaining 3 year's worth in India. Our sea shipment from India got moisture in it and we lost almost everything to mold, including those Christmas cards, sigh. Boxing Day 2017 I bought enough cards for the next year, then on Boxing Day 2018, I bought two years' worth, so I was back to having enough cards to last until 2020 (and I can't believe I'm now typing this in 2020). After I mail those cards this year, I may start making photo cards for 2021, we'll see. But, let's get back to 2019. I sent these four different styles of cards.
I sent my cards late this year (moving in October can do that to you!). Writing cards is usually a weekly ordeal for me and I set up shop at the dining room table. We have lots of extended family and friends from all of the many places we've lived. I love remembering those near and far.
We had no artwork hung in our family room, so I decided to tape up the cards we had received as part of our Christmas decor (with green painter's tape!).
Our collage had grown on Christmas morning.
And this is how big it grew before it was taken down.
Thank you to all of our loved ones that remember us each year! If you want a pen-pal for life, send me a Christmas card and I'll send you one back!
No comments:
Post a Comment