Sunday, July 26, 2020

Hiram's baptism

On November 10, 2019 Hiram chose to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Leonard and I love him so much!

The program was done entirely by our family.  Gavin gave the opening prayer, then Kaleb gave the talk on baptism.  Leonard baptized Hiram, while Teague and I were the witnesses.

It was a significant thing that Teague and I were the witnesses to the baptism.  In the past only members of the Priesthood could assist in this, however President Nelson recently said that any baptized member could do this.  I was the first female in our family to do this, and Teague was the first young member.

We sang some of Hiram's favorite songs: Baptism, I Feel My Savior's Love, and I Love to See the Temple.  Noé gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, then Leonard confirmed Hiram a member of the church and told him to receive the Holy Ghost.

Ali gave the closing prayer, then we had some light refreshments.

I had wanted to invite the whole ward (I love our ward family!).  However, Hiram is a bit shy and only asked for a few families to join us.  I am grateful that they came and supported our sweet boy.

Back at home, Hiram got to open round two of his birthday gifts.

He loves his new Mario Bros. watch, and I sure love him!

No comments: