Monday, April 7, 2008

Fun at the Fenisia


Since it took us LONGER than anticipated to reach Sun Moon Lake, we decided just to hang out at our hotel for the rest of the day. We stayed at the Fenisia and it is definitely the best family hotel we have ever stayed at! This is our beautiful view of the lake from our balcony.


We had a BALL at the indoor children's playground!


The playroom had a library full of kids' books, a computer lab, but our favorite was the ball pit with 2 full walls of floor-to-ceiling (tall ceilings too) play structures with the 3rd wall being all windows to see the lake from.


I love to see such happy smiles of pure enjoyment on my children's faces!


The hotel didn't just have a pool, they had a whole water world! There were 6 different areas: hot tub and cool tub by the saunas, lap pool, fountain pool, water slide pool, and hydrotherapy pool filled with oodles of jacuzzi chairs and loungers to sit on under water complete with their own jets. (They also had an enchanted spring that were male/female nude hot spring pools, but we didn't even venture there.) Needless to say, we all loved our little water world! After a while though, the water got a "bit cool" and the hot tub was a "bit hot". I came back and had a soak in my "just right" Japanese-style tub. We also had the fanciest toilet I have ever used in my life- complete with heated seat, bidet washer, and air dryer. It seriously had an electronic control panel on the side of it- hilarious, but comfy! It sure beats the "squatters" you find at most public restrooms here- ha! I also have to mention that we were each given a Japanese robe and flip-flops upon check-in. We wore these over our swimsuits to the pool. It was fun to see our fellow guests wearing them at the restaurant and all over the hotel!

We ate dinner at their buffet restaurant. It mainly had Asian food with some green salad, french fries, and ice cream for their Western fair. I took a slice of their gourmet pizza and after the first bite I knew it was seafood flavor. It actually was pretty tasty until I came to the very last bite. I looked down to see a piece of tentacle (octopus or squid I wasn't sure) with its little suction cups staring back at me. I sat there for several minutes debating whether to eat it or not. I finally took the last bite and once I let go of my fears, it wasn't bad either. It was actually a lot firmer than I expected. I know I've eaten squid before but this tasted a lot different, so now I can say I've eaten octopus too!

No comments: